Now Lets get into today's recipe Channa Pulao.
Basmati rice- 1 cup
white Channa - 3/4 cup (soak over night)
Onion - 1 large
green chili- 2
ginger garlic paste - 1 tea spoon
garam masala - 1/2 tea spoon
chili powder - 1/2 tea spoon
coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
oil - 4-5 tea spoons
salt- to taste
Dry garam masala:
fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
cinnamon stick -1 small
anistar - 1
bay leaf - 1
cloves - 2-3
1.soak basmati rice for 30 mins
2. In a pressure pan / cooker heat 2-3 tea spoons of oil and roast the items listed in dry garam masala.
3. Slice the onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
4. Add ginger galic paste to it and saute until the raw smell leaves.
5. Add sliced tomatoes, saute until they turn soft, then add the chili, garam and coriander powders, if required add a tea spoon of oil and saute until they all blend together and oil starts to separate.
6. Add soaked and washed channa and fry for few minutes
7. Add soaked and washed basmati rice and fry gently for few minutes without breaking the rice.
8. measure and add 1 and 3/4 cups of water to it,adjust salt and close the lod and leave it for 2-3 whistles.
9. When pressure leaves, add chopped coriander leaves and mix gently with fork.
Serve with Raitha or Kurma of your choice.
Notes: Few mint leaves can be added while cooking.
Sending this recipe to
'My Legume Love Affair' event hosted by Lisa at Food and Spice. This wonderful event is the brain-child of Susan of Thewellseasonedcook. Event rules & host line -up can be found at Lisa's FoodandSpice.
cook and share what you like event
Only food for growing kids event hosted by Shrutis Rasoi and organized by Pari